Crushing the Lumia 1020
Nokia's made a name for itself in manufacturing tough phones, without feeling the need to tack words like "rugged" or "active" to the model name. That being said, it doesn't mean the phones can necessarily handle a good ol' fashioned grape stomping. It's a shame, considering the 41 megapixels of wine tasting the phone is capable of capturing.
Sure, the purple juice, along with an assortment of skins, stems, and water, turned out the lights on the 1020. However, given Nokia's nature, we believe there's a chance it can be revived. If you do happen to become the lucky one who receives this yellow beast in the mail, just beware of all wineries, breweries, and really any sort of drinking establishment. This thing likes to party.
You should know the drill by now, but just in case you forgot, here are the rules:
- Register as a CNET user. Click the Join CNET link at the top of this page to start the registration process. If you're already registered, you don't need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. The comment can say anything you like -- funny, cute, mean (hopefully not mean), but we prefer entertaining. It doesn't really matter, but it's fun for everyone.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry. And most importantly:
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) tortured Nokia Lumia 1020, originally worth $299.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 5 p.m. PT on October 11, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You have not yet won. Must be legal resident of one of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in your state of residence at date of entry into sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends at 5 p.m. PT on October 11, 2013. See official rules for details.