First up, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon laptop. This one boasted rugged construction, but had trouble with our torture gantlet: mainly the heat test and the part where I spilled a cup of hot coffee on its otherwise outstanding keyboard. It comes on, but the keyboard and touch pad are unresponsive. I think it's fixable, and then you've got yourself a $1,200 laptop to enjoy!
Also this week, you can win one of the iPod Touches that went through our kid gantlet. It's the blue one, actually, we're giving away, and despite being thrown, dropped, jumped on, smeared, and drowned in fruit juice, it's working perfectly!
Finally, you can also win the surprisingly resilient Kindle Fire HD 7-inch tablet which easily withstood a fall down the stairs, a soaking with a soda, and hose-down after.
Now that you're tempted, here are the rules:
- Register as a CNET user. Click the Join CNET link at the top of this page to start the registration process. If you're already registered, you don't need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. The comment can say anything you like -- funny, cute, mean (hopefully not mean), but we prefer entertaining. It doesn't really matter, but it's fun for everyone.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry. And most importantly:
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive either one Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook, originally worth $1,249; an iPod Touch, originally worth $299, or a Kindle Fire HD (7-inch), originally worth $199.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 PM ET on Monday, December 10, 2012.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You have not yet won. Must be legal resident of one of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in your state of residence at date of entry into sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on December 10, 2012. See official rules for details.
Episode 8: Torture testing the iPhone 4S